2012, AER, 11 (1), 010201, doi:http://dx.doi.org/10.3847/AER2012030
Preparing Undergraduates for Research Careers: Using Astrobites in the Classroom
Published 20 August 2012
© 2012 The American Astronomical Society
KEYWORDS, PACS, and IPC
International Patent Classification (IPC)
Digital computing or data processing equipment or methods, specially adapted for specific applications
Educational or demonstration appliances; Appliances for teaching, or communicating with, the blind, deaf or mute; Models; Planetaria; Globes; Maps; Diagrams
Electrically-operated educational appliances
Accepted 01 August 2012
Published online 20 August 2012
- Bell, P., and Linn, M. 2000, “Scientific Arguments as Learning Artifacts: Designing for Learning from the Web with KIE,” International Journal of Science Education, 22, 798.
- Chang, B., Sheldon, L., Si, M., and Hand, A. 2012, “Foreign Language Learning in Immersive Virtual Environments,” Proceedings of the SPIE, 8289, 828902.
- Crowe, M., and Brakke, D. 2008, “Assessing the Impact of Undergraduate-Research Experiences on Students: An Overview of Current Literature,” Council on Undergraduate Research Quarterly, 28, 4.
- Daniels, K. E. 2010, “Student Blogging about Physics,” The Physics Teacher, 48, 366PHTEAH000048000006000366000001.
- DeHaan, R. 2005, “The Impending Revolution in Undergraduate Science Education,” Journal of Science Education and Technology, 14, 253.
- Johnson, R. K., and Swain, M. 1997, Immersion Education: International Perspectives, United Kingdom: Cambridge University Press.
- Parkinson, M. 2009, “The Effect of Peer Assisted Learning Support (PALS) on Performance in Mathematics and Chemistry,” Innovations in Education and Teaching International, 423, L60.
- Price, A. 2007, “New Media Technologies: Proposing an Integrated Approach,” The Astronomy Education Review, 6, 171AERSCZ000006000001000171000001.
- Russell, S. H., Hancock, M. P., and McCullough, J. 2007, “Benefits of Undergraduate Research Experiences,” Science, 316, 548.
- Sadaghiani, H. 2012, “Online Prelectures: An Alternative to Textbook Reading Assignments,” The Physics Teacher, 50, 301PHTEAH000050000005000301000001.
- Schneider, R., Omukai, K., Limongi, M., Ferrara, A., Salvaterra, R., Chieffi, A., and Bianchi, S. 2012, “The Formation of the Extremely Primitive Star SDSS J102915+172927 Relies on Dust,” MNRAS Letters.
- Stelzer, T., Gladding, G., Mestre, J. P., and Brookes, D. T. 2009, “Comparing the Efficacy of Multimedia Modules with Traditional Textbooks for Learning Introductory Physics Content,” American Journal of Physics, 77, 184AJPIAS000077000002000184000001.
- Wilkerson, T. 2007,“The Relationship between Admissions Credentials and the Success of Students Admitted to a Physics Doctoral Program,” Ph.D. dissertation, University of Central Florida, http://purl.fcla.edu/fcla/etd/CFE0001524.