2012, AER, 11 (1), 010303, doi:http://dx.doi.org/10.3847/AER2012043
Music Inspired by Astronomy: A Resource Guide Organized by Topic
Published 26 November 2012
© 2012 The American Astronomical Society
KEYWORDS, PACS, and IPC
astronomy, music, physics education, K-6 (or elementary), 7-9 (or middle school), 10-12 (or high school), College non-majors, Museum and planetarium, Public outreach, Interdisciplinary Approaches to Astronomy Education, Multimedia, Audio-visual Materials, Interdisciplinary Tools, Humanities and Astronomy, Teaching Resources
International Patent Classification (IPC)
Musical instruments; Acoustics
Accepted 16 October 2012
Published online 26 November 2012
- Fraknoi, A. , “The Music of the Spheres: Astronomical Sources of Musical Inspiration” in Mercury (the magazine of the Astronomical Society of the Pacific), May/June, 1977, p. 15.
- Fraknoi, A. “More Music of the Spheres” in Mercury, Nov/December, 1979, p. 128.
- Fraknoi, A. 2006, “The Music of the Spheres in Education: Using Astronomically Inspired Music” Astronomy Education Review, 5(1), 139AERSCZ000005000001000139000001: http://dx.doi.org/10.3847/AER2006009
- Fraknoi, A. 2008, Web page: “Music Inspired by Astronomy,” http://www.astronomy2009.org/static/resources/iya2009_music_astronomy.pdf.
- Ronan, C. “Astronomy and Music” in Sky & Telescope, September, 1975, p. 145.