2004, AER, 3 (2), 38, doi:http://dx.doi.org/10.3847/AER2004015
Identifying A Baseline for Teachers’ Astronomy Content Knowledge
Published 7 February 2005
© 2005 Eric Brunsell. Copyright assigned to the Association of Universities for Research in Astronomy, Inc.
KEYWORDS and PACS
Published online 07 February 2005
- Adams, J. P., & Slater, T. F. 2000, Astronomy in the National Science Education Standards, Journal of Geoscience Education, 48(1), 39.
- Atwood, R. K., & Atwood, V. A. 1996, Preservice Elementary Teachers' Conceptions of the Causes of Seasons, J. Res. Sci. Teach., 33, 553.
- Bailey, J. M., & Slater, T. F. 2003, A Review of Astronomy Education Research, Astronomy Education Review, 2(2), 20AERSCZ000002000002000020000001.
- Cohen, D. K., & Hill, H. C. 2000, Instructional Policy and Classroom Performance: The Mathematics Reform in California, Teachers College Record, 102(2), 294.
- Demming, G. 2002, Results from the Astronomy Diagnostic Test National Project, Astronomy Education Review, 1(1), 52AERSCZ000001000001000052000001.
- Gess-Newsome, J. 2001, The Professional Development of Science Teachers for Science Education Reform: A Review of Research, In Professional Development Planning and Design, J. Rhoton & P. Bowers (Editors). Arlington, VA: NSTA Press.
- Greenwald, R., Hedges, L. V., & Laine, R. D. 1996, The Effect of School Resources on Student Achievement, Rev. Educ. Res., 66, 361.
- Hufnagel, B. 2002, Development of the Astronomy Diagnostic Test, Astronomy Education Review, 1(1), 47AERSCZ000001000001000047000001.
- Mosenthal, J. H., & Ball, D. L. 1992, Constructing New Forms of Teaching: Subject Matter Knowledge in In-Service Teacher Education, Journal of Teacher Education, 43, 347.
- National Research Council. 1996, National Science Education Standards, Washington, D.C.: National Academy of Sciences Press.
- National Science Board. 2004, Science and Engineering Indicators 2004, Washington, D.C.: National Science Foundation.
- Schmidt, W. H. 2001, Defining Teacher Quality Through Content: Professional Development Implications From TIMSS, In Professional Development Planning and Design, J. Rhoton & P. Bowers (Editors). Arlington, VA: NSTA Press.
- Slater, T. F., Safko, J. L., & Carpenter, J. R. 1999, Long-Term Attitude Sustainability from a Constructivist-Based Astronomy-for-Teachers Course, Journal of Geoscience Education, 47, 366.
- Trundle, K. C., Atwood, R. K., & Christopher, J. E. 2002, Preservice Elementary Teachers' Conceptions of Moon Phases Before and After Instruction, J. Res. Sci. Teach., 39(7), 633. [ISI]
- Zeilik, M. 2003, Birth of the Astronomy Diagnostic Test: Prototest Evolution, Astronomy Education Review, 1(2), 46AERSCZ000001000002000046000001.